Thursday, January 27, 2011

Picture This

Have any sad, displaced picture frames around the house? I have the perfect idea to repurpose those bad boys & help you get organized!

Exhibit A:









These images most certainly did not go in our circa-1980's home so with a little oxi-clean love & some spray paint you get this:






The next step involves some fabric, mesh screen (cheapest kind from the hardware store is perfect), & a staple gun. And let me save you some time-- a $6 staple gun from Big Lots doesn't cut it!


Now it's time to get handy! When I came home from ACE with my shiny roofing-grade stapler I felt powerful. Be warned, they are powerful. Get those protective eye wear out & go to town:





Once the mesh is in place cut it down so is self-contained in the frame's ridge. Next trace the frame's outer border on your fabric. Staple the fabric cut out to the back of the frame. For a neater look fold the edges over & staple (this also helps prevent fraying). Finally, place a few felt protective stickers on the backside so when hanging the staples won't scratch your wall up.


Time to unveil your final project & put it to use:


Yay!

Such a

fun

way to

display

my

favorite

earrings!






I also made a few of these as Christmas gifts & they both sent me thank you texts with their frames in use. It's so lovely to see your handmade goods in use!!























And that's a wrap! I hope you enjoyed my first little post/tutorial & thanks for subscribing :)

♥lucy

p.s. I'm not opposed to comments either!











1 comment:

  1. Lucy- as of right now i am speachless, a tear has trickled down my cheek! Did not know you has all this creative energy running through your blood. Glad to know that the new baby got one of your originals. Keep crafting,
    Jen starnes

    ReplyDelete