Thursday, February 3, 2011

to market, to market

This is probably a good time to let you (the awesome reader) know that I won't always be posting tutorials. Sometimes I am simply going to dish on fun ideas, general loveliness or feed you the resources to start your own project. And you can count on a few helpful hints on places where I got stuck :)

Ok, so with that being said...
It's February-- it's dark, it's depressing & it feels good to spice things up with color. Right now I'm taking an online HomeEc class & one of the projects is a marketbag. The crafter recommended using a pillowcase for the fabric- awesome idea! But I also wanted my bag to have a liner for extra support & to hide the raw edges. This prompted a lot of googling...the best tutorial I found is here .

These instructions are perfect until you get to step 5. As a newly self-taught sewer I settled for the easy route with corners: 


This project is quick & only involves sewing straight lines. I had this sucker whipped out in about one listen to my favorite She & Him album.

 
Now my baby sister has a festive tote to stash in her purse for trips to one of the many markets in Portlandia. And the best part is it cost $1 to make!


J workin' it with her new tote!
Now off to Goodwill you go to find cheap linens! And thank goodness the groundhog didn't see his shadow!

♥lucy





No comments:

Post a Comment