Monday, July 25, 2011

{5 Lovely Things on Monday}

I.am.exhausted.

         You could say this past week has been one of service.  From July 16th to July 21st I played Camp Nurse at Camp Leo (click here to learn more).  Each day was essentially 16hr shifts filled with many blood sugar checks & hanging out with 150 campers of various ages.  The cabin I served as primary med staff for was 14 & 15 year olds; while that may make some cringe I loved it. Seriously.  

And with that I begin this week's lovely things that focus on service & giving back:


{1} Camp Leo
...well that was obvious
Take 1: Can you spot me amongst the teens?
Take 2: One can't be too serious with this crew.
 Being surrounded by such inspiring children, teens & volunteers will be an experience I hold very dear & hope to be part of again.

{2} Big Sista

Meet my baby sister's "little sister" Edith.  
I'm so proud of Jenna taking the time to be a positive influence on this adorable kiddo!  


{4} Swedish SummerRun

This year I walked to remember my great aunt Joan.
Thanks to everyone who donated-- this year over $500K was raised to support the 
Marsha Rivkin Ovarian Cancer Research Center.


{4} STUFF the BUS
Thanks to the boyfriend I was introduced to a great Seattle program, WestSide Baby.
After the bus was stuffed we helped unloading the + diapers that were donated. 
Congrats to the crew for surpassing their goal by leaps & bounds!!
Photo Cred: Patrick Robinson


{5} Cupcake Royal strikes again
Good deeds warrant delicious treats, right?


cheers,
*lucy

2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your posts! So happy that you are happy and just enjoying life. You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading, Kat!

    ReplyDelete