Friday, June 10, 2011

Mama's Got a Brand New Bag!

Well the adventures of Mara, Stacy & Willis most certainly continue... Thursday we had a lovely, drizzly day in Missoula. We enjoyed a trip to the U of M bookstore (which took us ruhtards entirely too long to find- we decided that we are clearly not smart enough to attend there), some shopping, good local brew & excellent company.


The craptastic highlight was getting a flat driving home from my cousin's last night. This resulted in waiting forty-five minutes for AAA in a stranded Sinclair station on some frontage road. Luckily, a delightful tow truck dude helped us out & we were able to make the two minute drive to our hotel. Stacy put it best when she called him "colorful"...

Ok so on to the really good stuff that actually applies to my crafty skills. The true highlight of the day was seeing my bff Kristin & her new little man, Jamisen!!


And I got to hand-deliver Kristin her baby shower gift!!

Here is the new mama sporting her handmade diaper bag 
This bag's pattern is called "Favorite Things" by Mama Mia. Although the end result turned out nice, I would not recommend this pattern to my fellow sewers. Even my mom- a well-accomplished seamstress- had a hard time helping me where I got stuck. However, I'm quite proud of my efforts to make a more complicated bag for such a good friend.


A total of EIGHT pockets for mommy to put all the essentials!

* * *
A new baby is like the beginning of all things- 
wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.
~Eda J. Le Shan




So with that heartwarming sentiment I bid you goodnight from my folks' place nestled in Montana's gorgeous Stillwater Valley.



cheers,
*lucy

1 comment: