Monday, October 24, 2011

{5 Lovely Things on Monday}

Let the DIYing for my new apartment begin!! Ahhh...where to start?! These gems have me well on my way to my first project.

{1} A New Neighborhood Favorite
Last Tuesday after a long day's work I headed to the grocery store. What I didn't expect to stumble across that dreary evening was a shop I hadn't explored in Northern Tacoma.
There I met the friendly owner, Diane, who was full of creative ideas,
inspiration, blog read suggestions &...
{wait for it}


{2} CHALK PAINT!!!
I might be in love.
Go here to learn about Annie Sloan's amazing paint!
How did I not know this stuff existed?! Thank you, Diane, so much for opening my eyes to the endless possibilities of refinishing & distressing furniture!!
This paint basically covers anything=
refinish/paint furniture without the tedious prep work!


{3} My Latest "IT" Color
Meet ARLES: the perfect vintage yellow.



{4} Tutorials.
So I got this awesome new product. How do I use it? Any tricks of the trade?
Any no-no's? help.
I really like the how-to videos below by DIY extraordinaires of
Perfectly ImperfectMiss Mustard Seed:


Waxes from Miss MustardSeed on Vimeo.


{5} The Piece.
I've got this great new product & have an idea how to use it...where do I start?
Trolling Craigslist of course!! And that is how I found these great vintage chairs that will look perfect distressed with Chalk Paint!
I cannot wait to give these guys a face-& seat-lift!
Stay Tuned...

Sweet Dreams,
*lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment