Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Scrappy Side

Long story short: Girl (me) meets boy (Jace) in third grade. Girl thinks boy is strange at first but they end up becoming close friends...


Boy & girl attend the same college. Boy thinks girl's good friend (Ellen) is hot but protective friend is hesitant to facilitate the match. Eventually girl gives her friend his phone number to "carpool" home for the holidays. And now they're living happily ever after...

Photo cred: Brad
And last year they added another player. Enter little Leo!




Except Leo's not so little anymore. Yesterday he turned one! And I'm proud to report that I finally completed his mommy's baby shower gift prior to the big event. Don't judge, it was 99% done until now. As honorary "Auntie M" I wanted to make something fun for Ellen. What I put together was a Baby Book that will archive many of the main events during Leo's first year.
Here it is-- "Our Little":

The first few pages included photos of the expectant couple along with an excerpt from the blog they maintained until Leo was born.


The rest of the album has pages made especially for Leo- Visiting Grandparents, Trips to the Market, Making Music with Daddy & the many "firsts" he will have had before turning one. All mommy has to do is put pictures in the space provided. I'm hoping it will be a fun project for me to help her with!

 
Leo inspecting his book
No doubt about it, the relationship I have with Jace & Ellen is unique & special. I wanted their baby gift to be personalized & handmade with love. This album fit the bill.




♥lucy/Auntie M :)

No comments:

Post a Comment