Tuesday, August 30, 2011

{Honeymoon Tote}

Let the Sea of Lovely flow...
My first sewing order- albeit simple- is complete!!

A few months ago a co-worker came to me requesting a custom gift for her sister-in-law who is getting married this fall.  She had the idea for a tote that was designed based on the wedding's theme: black and white damask with purple accents.  The idea was that the B2B would use it on her honeymoon.






The hardest part of this project was finding the perfect damask & purple home decor-weight fabrics.  After those details were nailed down it was onto finding a pattern.  And thanks to my mommy friends who introduced me to Sew, Mama Sew finding the perfect tutorial was a snap. So there you have it, my friends!



Covered quilter's template to add structure
Can you see the invite peaking out of the pocket?
...didn't think so

cheers,
*lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment