Monday, September 26, 2011

{5 Lovely Things on This Monday Evening}

          Moovin, moovin, moovin...I hate it.  And that would be why today's post is so late. Thankfully I had today off so I was able to create some semblance of order- at least in my bedroom. This is the first time I've lived solo & while I miss my roomies I am finding it very liberating.  Funny it took me until 29 to have my own place.  But didn't someone once say better late than never? ;) Anywho, I can't wait to finish what Jade calls "Maraizing" my new space.  Now let's get down to brass tacks...

{1} My Landing Pad
THANK GOD FOR GIRLFRIENDS!
 These past 6 months have been a whirlwind of emotions- not to mention transitions. I'm not sure I would've made it out this intact without my ladies Jade & Stacy.  I snapped this pic yesterday before heading to my apartment to spend my first night there because I loved the reflection in the window.  Something about it spoke to me; perhaps there is a lot of loveliness on the horizon...


{2} My New (really old) Pad
This archived pic is tacked above my mailbox.
1899...can you believe it?
If only these walls could talk...

{3} Canine Neighbors
Our complex is full of dogs, dogs with some serious character.  From the Pit bull who basically lays out his window to keep watch or the deaf Australian Cattle dog who not-so-gracefully shoves his snout out the window blinds whenever anyone walks by.  This crew is a hoot & seeing everyone out walking these pups inevitably reminds me of this scene from "101 Dalmatians". 


{4} A Good Alternative to Paint
This morning I was greeted by an FB post from my friend, Ellen, suggesting I could use removable wallpaper in my apartment. While I can paint here this could be very fun...once I save up enough $$
Photo cred goes to Jordan Ferney of Babble.com
who shows off this Sherwin Williams design

{5} Rediscovering Your Treasures
No picture necessary.
I've been pleasantly surprised to re-realize all of the awesome stuff I had boxed up!

sweet dreams,
lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment