Sunday, March 6, 2011

Birdie Sling Beginnings

Two posts in two days- look at me go! As I said in my last entry, I'm really excited about my new projects in the works. Yesterday I spent about two hours cutting out the pattern pieces for my Amy Butler Birdie Sling.


But I'm using these lovely fabrics:

magenta= lining, goldenrod= straps & band, floral= large bottom panels 
Joel Dewberry + Anna Maria Horner prints= ♥
Earlier today I was admiring other people's finished versions of this bag & it's got me even more motivated. This lovely sling will be my first go at fusible interfacing & fleece lining- wish me luck!

♥lucy

2 comments:

  1. Uggh. Was hoping to finish cutting out my interfacing tonight but forgot I had to handwash/pre-shrink it. Nuts!! I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see a picture of the final product!! I love the fabrics you picked out!

    ReplyDelete