Saturday, March 12, 2011

Waitress Blouse Revisited

This morning I was going through some of the "forgotten" clothes in my closet when I came across this gem. While I adore the 1960's waitress vibe the sash has always drove me nuts. It never stayed in place no matter how much I ironed; hence it's been rather lonely for a year or two.


Then it occured to me that the mustard-colored thread currently loaded in my Brother would match... [wheels turning]
Ah ha!! I can topstitch the sash in place & then it won't shift or roll up- genius!!! 

Ironed, pinned down & ready to roll
In under any hour I've got the finished product & this blog post up. Viola:



Happy Saturday & Spring Forward! 

ciao,
♥lucy

4 comments:

  1. Good Job Mara, I would wear that, maybe someday I'll come to the other side and get to see you in it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mara, you have taken on this sewing thing quite well. Good job.

    ReplyDelete