Sunday, April 10, 2011

Indie Student= yes, please.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to school I go...
Some of you may have seen my lil' gadget to the the right that reads "Indie Business 3.0 Student".
Let me tell you what that's all about. This fall my crafty friend Ellen told me about an online HomeEc class-- think sewing for beginners. Since a sewing machine was on my Christmas List I had to join. This class, along with a lot of self teaching & YouTube tutorials, got me sewing.
And while I haven't made a lot of things I feel confident in my basic sewing skills &
think I have the ability to assemble a strong design aesthetic.

Then a few months ago I got an email from one of the crafty goddesses who hosted HomeEc;
she was updating her "students" on another online workshop opportunity.

Que: Indie 3.0
Go here to check it out!

I'll be frank, the past two years have been rough. And besides continuing to breath I've learned that finding my creative outlet is incredibly therapeutic. It's a refuge & fulfilling, so why not make it a stronger presence in my life? After nailing down {Sea of Lovely} as a label, etsy login, gmail account & blog name I figured I might as well go for it. Seriously, what do I have to lose?

And with that I look forward to sharing my newly-found inspirations &
insights into the world of indie crafting!! 
photo cred
As the first signs of spring appear, we begin Indie Business 3.0. 
This is the season to plant a seed for your own dreams and goals.
This is the season you will nurture them to grow. 
                                                                                                        ~Jill, Lune Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment